Fostering understanding and respect toward people with disabilities through training and research
I am Dr. Arielle Silverman, an independent consultant who has spent more than ten years doing research to improve our understanding of the disability experience.
You will benefit from working with me if:
- You are looking to educate your students about disabilities;
- You want your staff to interact effectively across ability lines;
- You want to find out how well your inclusion-related program is working;
- You want to gather input from people with disabilities on an issue;
- You or your organization have other questions about the disability experience.
By partnering with me, you and your organization will:
- Build your disability wisdom;
- Learn about the experiences of the largest minority group in the world;
- Discover how you can become an ally to your patients, coworkers, students, and others who have disabilities;
- Harness the power of data to strengthen your inclusion programs and expand their reach;
- Apply the research process to address important social problems.
Just Human: The Quest for Disability Wisdom, Respect, and Inclusion
New book by Arielle Silverman, Ph.D. out now!
At Disability Wisdom Consulting, Dr. Silverman combines her unique expertise as a blind person with her skills and passion as a researcher. I think you will find that she brings a level of perspective, authenticity, and professionalism that is difficult to find especially in the area of disability.
Mark Riccobono, President, National Federation of the Blind, Baltimore, MD
I think the workshop assisted with breaking down stigma and stereotyping. It also allowed staff to look at disability as a positive, too (most individuals with disabilities live normal, happy, fulfilling lives).
Gerald Peters, Director of Training, Jewish Family and Children’s Services, Phoenix, AZ
The workshop demonstrated the competency of individuals with disabilities in contrast to emphasizing deficits. It was an empowering view to working with and relating to individuals with disabilities.
An anonymous participant in my Disability Wisdom training workshop
I want to express my appreciation for the volume and quality of work that Dr. Silverman has contributed to the Research in Focus series. From week to week she has not only raised the quality of each article, but she has helped our team continually improve our part in the process.
Mark Odum, Director, National Rehabilitation Information Center, Landover, MD
This keynote was outstanding! Thank you for speaking truth to power, representing how people like us (people with disabilities) experience our lives, challenges, and triumphs.
A participant attending my keynote address at the Arizona Technology Assistance Program 2018 conference, Scottsdale, AZ